How to treat discolored toe nails perfectly is easy to get by the tips and remedies given in this article. Nail discoloration is a condition in which nails turn yellow or greenish. Fingernails and toenails reveals many things about our body. The discoloration of toenails means more than a simple change in appearance. Mostly the discolored toenail is due to fungal infection but it also be caused due to reaction of any medication. Walking barefoot, using nail clippers that are bacteria ridden and even the unhealthy diet can change the appearance of toenails or cause discoloration. The toenails with fungal infection tend to become thicker in size. Age and smoking can also become the cause of toenails discoloration. To treat this discoloration of toenails simple homemade remedies can help you a lot.
How To Treat Discolored Toe Nails
- The Listerine mouthwash has the great curative powers particularly. For using mouth wash take warm water in a bowl and add one fourth of the bottle of Listerine in it, Soak the toenails in this water for almost 2o minutes.
- Vinegar can also treat discolored nails. Pour some clear vinegar in a bowl and soak toes nails in this bowl. You can also dilute this solution of Vinegar and then soak toenails in it.
- The tea tree oil can take upto 2 to 3 months in brightening your nails but this time is all worth. Massage the toenails with 2 drops of tea tree oil twice in a day. You can also mix tea tree oil with lavender oil and then massage this on the toe nails to get bright nails. You can use this home remedy as many times as you want.
- Toothpaste is a simple remedy for discolored nails. Apply some toothpaste on your discolored nails and brush them using a tooth brush. Make sure that the bristles of tooth brush you are using are not too brittle or harsh. Do this remedy twice or three times in a day and your toenails will get back to normal quickly and certainly.
- Citrus fruits are great to remove the satins for clothes, and so do the lemon. Cut a lemon and apply this on toenails. Use a cotton ball to apply the lemon juice on the toenails or you can simple rub lemon on the nails. Squeeze a lemon in a bowl and dip the toenails in this bowl, this is also very helpful way.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with lemon juice in equal amount and then apply this mixture on toenails. After removing this mixture was the toes and moisture your feet using a moisturizer. You can also take 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Apply this paste on nails and then wash after 10 minutes and afterwards moisture the feet.
- Using lemon essential oil will brighten up your nails and will also moisten the cuticles of nails also the toenails. Pour some of the lemon essential oil in a bowl and then soak your toes in this. Keep the toes in it for some time then remove the feet, wash them and massage the toenails with remaining oil. Keep this oil for some time and then wash your feet and afterwards moisten your feet.
- Honey can also treat the discoloration of toenails. Honey will kill all the chances of any growing or nurturing fungal growth on the toes which can affect the nail color. Thus it prevents the nail discoloration.
All the home remedies are guiding every person how to treat discolored toe nails perfectly and these will also brighten up your nails and make them look more white.